Sunday, April 01, 2007

Bowl for the kids...


Friday night Big Brothers and Big sisters hosted their annual Bowl for the kids kids night. You have to get pledges for your team and play. I was on the paramedics team as Trent is a paramedic, and Wacky Wheatlys played with us (a paramedics wife works there) All combined for our team $1600.00 was raised. The total for the entire night was over $30,000. Not bad for one night I must say, and all the money goes to kids locally. Every one on our team got a free big borhters-big sisters t-shirt for raising that much money.

I hadn't bowled in years, and was worried that I wouldn't be very good at all. It was for fun, but you never know when you are going to get that person on your team who just has to win!!! We didn't fortunately, and I didn't even do that badly. It was glow bowling, so they used the black lights.....I wish Trent had told me before we left the house as I had on a black shirt. It showed every piece of lint and ofcourse dog and cat hair. Every piece of clothing I own has dog hair on it...I have 2 dogs and 2 cats...UGHHHHHH, it's too many. We also had to wear beads as the theme was Mardigras. Again, something I didn't know until just bwfore bowling...it's a good thing Zellers always has what ya need in a pinch, LOL!!!!!

1 comment:

Scrappytbear said...

Sounds like tonnes of fun! LOL on the black shirt :) A great cause!