Thursday, November 23, 2006

My Scrappin' Sense!!!
I have eluded to the fact that I love scrapbooking but I have only put a few layouts that I have done on my blog...so I thought now that I had some time I would do so.
Most of my pages are of my nieces because I don't have any children of my own yet. The pages that I am uploading are ones that I have finished recently. I was really into digital scrapbooking for a while and kinda put the paper scrappin' to the side, as it turns out I like paper scrappin' a bit better.
Both are good in their own right, but I have gone back to paper...MOSTLY, LOL. I don't know what I would say that my scrappin sense really is....probably more of whatever I feel like when I am going the page.
I will say that for the most part I am pretty simple. I think a page/layout can look just as nice without a bunch of snazzy techniques, but I do also use them sometimes as well. Again, it's how I feel at the time.
I know that I love 2-sided paper and I tend to have 3 colors on every page...habits I guess. I am not a person who is loyal to only one company of paper, when I go to the scrappin' store there is sometimes a line of corridinating paper that I must have, but I get what appeals to me from any line. I do always make sure that I have a well rounded set of cardstock. I tend to be sentimental in what I journal on a page more so than being cute, funny or punny and that is mostly because I am worried no one will get it! I love to look at other people's work and often get inspiration from it, but refuse to carbon copy a layout or card, aside from paper I must change it in a noticable way or I don't feel like it is my page.

2 comments:

Kim -today's creative blog said...

Love the buttercups layout. Great paper.

Scrappytbear said...

It's awesome that while you enjoy lots of different scrapbookings you still go back to paper! There's always somewhere comfortable to go! LOL those layouts are awesome and not just because they contain lots of pretty little girls, but there's so many great techniques used, your style really comes through! Awesome!