Sunday, December 17, 2006

A Christmas kinda weekend!!!!!!!
Yesterday Trent and I stayed home, except for going out to supper with a couple of friends. I made my christmas tage and wrapped the present right up until I ran out of paper. No, problem though because I got everyone done but Trent. I made made a wreath, well part of it anyway and added additional touches to make it complete for a gift yesterday as well.


I mean I liked it when I saw it is it's orginal state or I would not have baught it, but I tend to look at things and wonder what I can do to them. I even made on for myself! Though mine was the practice run and I think that the gift wreath cam out much better.
Friday was the day we put up the real tree (remember we put up the artifical for the get-together). So ofcourse I took a slew of pictures. This too is in it's original state. Every year I put up the tree and decorate to spend the next week moving things around to make it better,LOL!!! I'm sure I am not alone here.Anyway, it didn't seem as fun the second time, we already knew what it would look like and it seemed more of a "let's get this done". Either way, eggnog was had, but we forgot the Christmas music this time. We went with a different theme this year, which was white and red with poinsetta's. As opposed to the deep redish burgendy and gold.


2 comments:

Ali P said...

Shhhhhhiiiiiinnnnnnyyyyyyyy...ooooooohhhhhh....
Oooopps, got distracted by shiny things again.
Your tree is very pretty. If you changed the theme, what happens to the old ornaments in the wrong color? Can you tell I don't have a theme? Is homemade ornaments and other crap a theme? If so then this is mine. And I like it that way but my trees never have that Martha Stewart seal of approval like yours and Marilyn's. C'est la vie! If i chose a color theme I think it might be the pale turquoise at Zellers. or a combination. I like funky odd ornaments and hand made if possible. Every year the kids and I make some but are behind on it so far. I have the supplies but just didn't do it yet. Lova ya...love yer tree!

onescrappychick said...

Ohhh I love your tree and ornaments.