Monday, January 15, 2007

Early dismissal....

Why on earth do we have these if we know it is going to snow even before school starts??? To torture sbstitutes I think. I get to school expecting a full day to find out during announcements that because up the upcoming weather it will be early dismissal, this decided after parents have gone back to bed or off to work and not sitting around listening to the radio. LET THE MAYHEM BEGIN!!!!! Every student has a form indicating where to go, oh...but when the time comes no one is sure anymore if that is where to go. " I think I'm supposed to go home but mommy said she was shopping today and she might not know to be home. I started off by running through the list of students and there forms...making a list of parent I would need to call all th while....but good luck being able to use the phone. Whatever the form says is where they will go!!!!! I'm not altogether comfortable with that you know, what about the people who are unaware of the sudden early dismissal???? Anyway, I handled like a troupper and everyone got to where they were supposed to and the snow has started.
So, the good thing is I got to finish my layout I was working on. I baught this line called cosmo cricket and I love it. So I must use it right away.

3 comments:

Scrappytbear said...

LOVE the layout, I might have to check out that paper, havent seen much of it here in Truro LOL But maybe when I come to the Valley next ;) Youd think they would have it in Halifax...
anyway I cant believe they called out school early there, I bet there will be school tomorrow and I am so depressed about that! I want a snow day! I LOVE snow days! I live for snow days! "sigh"

Vicky said...

Was school cancelled???? It was here. I had never seen that line before so it might just be new.

Ali P said...

No snow day here, you wimpies. I had the house to myself! Mwahahahahaha