Thursday, July 05, 2007

Basement walls finished, YAHOO!!!


So, it has been a long process of building, insulating drywalling, taping, mudding, sanding,priming and painting the wall in the basement. We finished all the touch-ups on the wall and the floor is being delivered sometime today along with the baseboards and door moldings. Thr faceplates for the plugs are on and we have the stuff to lay the flooring. My parents will likely to the ceramic in the laundry room.

It has been a lot of work, and our spare time has been devoted to this, but it gives us another 245 square feet of finished living space (as we are not counting the furnace or laundry rooms in the square footage). I am so pleased. Especially since Trent and I did 90% of the work ourselves, and it looks good. Keep looking, because I will put more pictures on as we go along.

4 comments:

Susan Blanton said...

Oh cool, can't wait to see more pictures.

Anonymous said...

Looks like a job well done. I'll be up to see it

Anonymous said...

BTW, that anonymous was me

Mom (Wanda) :)

Scrappytbear said...

Looks great, lots of work pays off!