Monday, April 30, 2012

Mommy's little napster!!!!

FINALLY!!!!!!  I put Quade in his crib for his afternoon nap (already alseep ofcourse), and he stayed there for just over 1.5 hours. He still naps a few times a day, but for the shorter ones I am okay to snuggle with him for these. However, I am fully prepared to put him in his crib everyday to make this a habit.

What did I do during this this time....well, it was 12:30 so I made Cullen and I lunch, ate in peace, and then I watched tv for a bit, made a few phone calls, and then I decided to nap on the couch.  I was tired because of the crazy heart attack like symptoms that kept me up for a couple of hours last night. Turned out to be heartburn for Pete's sake. Thought I was gonna die!

Anyway, that was a huge wake up call to me (in 2 ways). First, it occured to me that because of the weight that I have allowed myself to get to that I really could have been having a heart attack. The food I eat on a regular basis, and lack of exercise really does make me a heart attack waiting to happen. The other is that if the way I eat is the cause for feeling the kind of pain I had last night that I will stop eating that way. really, it should be an easy solution to that problem. I get in phases where I do really well and spmething like 2 weeks of illness throws me off track again and I have to start all over. What I know about this experience was that it is one I will remember time and again, especially when I think about eating that bowl of chip and dip before bed.

Now I am not planning on this blog being about my dieting and exercise....but it is part of my life and will therefore show up from time to time. I have a goal....40 lbs by the end of June. Seems like a big number but I have more than that to lose, and a lifestyle change will be a shock to my system.

On another note, I survived Quade spending the night away on Saturday.  Just before we were leaving I was frustrated at him because I was trying to get his stuff ready and he was whining and moaning the whole time. I felt like I couldn't get him in the car fast enough. Then as I was putting him in the car he smiled at me and I eyes filled up and I had a few tears while driving him to Nanny's house. The day turned out great though he was well behaved, and Trent and I got to relax with Cullen. we watched a movie,played with him, and the next morning we took Cullen out for brunch before picking Cullen up. I was happe to see him when we picked him up. I'm pretty sure that Nanny and Grampy are planning on taking them both next weekend...fingers crossed. It will be Cullen going for the night that will send me into a fit of crying....I've never been away from him....sigh.

No comments: